Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has been cleared of refusing to play against Bayern Munich but faces a charge of snubbing a request to warm-up, it was reported Friday.
Sky Sports television reported that Tevez would escape a charge of declining to come off the bench in City's Champions League defeat to Bayern after the club was unable to find evidence to corroborate the claim.
The latest twist to the Tevez saga has been portrayed as an embarrassing climbdown for Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini, who had earlier said the Argentine would never play for the club again.
Tevez faces a disciplinary hearing later Friday where his future at Eastlands could become clearer.
Speaking in the immediate aftermath of the incident at Bayern's Allianz Arena, Mancini said Tevez refused to play.
"He refused to come onto the pitch. It is a bad situation," he said.
Tevez later denied refusing to play, telling Sky: "I didn't want to warm up because I wasn't feeling very well, so I thought it was better not to."
"I didn't think I was in a good situation to come on because my head wasn't in the right place."
Since returning to City, Tevez has been forced to train alone and has not featured in any of the club's match day squads.
|Copyright © 2012 Naharnet.com. All Rights Reserved.||http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/18134|