Hizbullah Deputy Secretary General Sheikh Naim Qassem condemned the attack against the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon on December 9, slamming the March 14 camp and French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe’s accusations that the party was behind the assault.
He said: “We have decided to file a lawsuit against those who made such accusations against us.”
“The state and its security and military institutions is responsible for Lebanon’s security,” he added.
“Hizbullah has nothing to do with the country’s security,” he remarked.
“Those who believe that our presence in the South means that we are responsible for its security are mistaken,” Qassem said.
Earlier this week, Lebanese Forces leader Samir Geagea had said that Hizbullah is responsible for southern Lebanon’s security.
He also said that attack against UNIFIL could not have taken place without the party’s knowledge.
Qassem therefore wondered: “If this were true, then how was Israel able to plant espionage devises in the area?”
In addition, he asked: “What are the March 14 camp’s achievements in the confrontation against Israel?”
“The camp’s stances serve the Israeli agenda in the area,” he stressed.
Furthermore, he revealed that the Loyalty to the Resistance bloc MPs will submit a question to the government over the measures it has taken in dealing with the CIA espionage network that was recently discovered by the party in Lebanon.
Last week, a French UNIFIL unit was the victim of a bomb attack in the southern city of Tyre.
Seven people, including five soldiers, were wounded in the blast.
France has accused Syria of being behind the attack, saying that it charged its close ally Hizbullah with carrying out the assault.
|Copyright © 2012 Naharnet.com. All Rights Reserved.||http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/23548|