Eight NATO soldiers have been killed in a series of bomb attacks in southern Afghanistan, the military said Friday.
Three died on Thursday, another lost his life in a blast on Friday and four more were killed in second attack later the same day.
NATO's U.S.-led International Security Assistance Force did not release the nationalities of the soldiers, in keeping with policy.
Details would be released by the soldiers' home countries, a spokesman said.
More than 560 foreign troops were killed last year in Afghanistan, where some 130,000 U.S.-led troops are fighting an insurgency by hardline Taliban Islamists against the Western-backed government of President Hamid Karzai.
|Copyright © 2012 Naharnet.com. All Rights Reserved.||http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/25638|