Chief Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erakat on Monday condemned an attack by an unidentified gunman who killed four people at a Jewish school in France, including an Israeli-French dual citizen.
"We strongly condemn all terrorist operations, and in particular the attack today in Toulouse," he said in an statement.
French authorities said at least four people -- one adult and three children -- were dead in the shooting at the Ozar Hatorah school in Toulouse.
An Israeli relative of the deceased man named him as Jonathan Sandler, originally from Jerusalem, who had moved to France last year.
Israeli media said that two of the three children killed were Sandler's children, aged three and six.
A French prosecutor said the gunman appeared to have first shot Sandler outside the school before one of his weapons jammed, and had then entered the school grounds where he sprayed the area with bullets.
The incident came just days after two previous shootings in the region by a man on a motorbike who killed three French soldiers.
Police in southwestern France launched a major manhunt last week after the killing of three paratroopers and the wounding of another in two separate, but connected, incidents.
|Copyright © 2012 Naharnet.com. All Rights Reserved.||http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/33914|