Three people arrested in Copenhagen on suspicion of planning a "terrorist act" were charged with illegal weapons possession and placed in custody Saturday, Danish police said.
Copenhagen police official Kristian Aaskov told Agence France Presse by telephone they had been remanded for 26 days, including 12 in solitary confinement.
He refused to give further details but Danish media said charges of preparing a terrorist act had been dropped.
Danish intelligence agency PET said Friday that the three -- a 22-year-old Jordanian and a 23-year-old Turk, both Danish residents, and a Danish citizen living in Egypt, had been arrested in raids at addresses in the Copenhagen area.
They were "suspected of being illegally in possession of automatic weapons and munitions and are also suspected of preparing a terrorist act," the agency said in a statement, giving no details of the alleged planned attack.
Friday's arrests came as four other people are currently on trial in Denmark for "attempted terrorism" for allegedly plotting to massacre the staff of a Danish newspaper that first published controversial cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed in 2005.
|Copyright © 2012 Naharnet.com. All Rights Reserved.||http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/38474|