The March 14 General Secretariat condemned on Wednesday Syria’s ongoing violations against Lebanon, saying that the latest one was the most dangerous due to the Syrian forces’ temporary abduction of members of the Lebanon’s General Security.
It said in a statement after its weekly meeting: “The government must file a complaint to the United Nations Security Council to condemn this violation.”
“The General Secretariat holds the forces allied with the Syrian regime, starting with Hizbullah and the Free Patriotic Movement, responsible for covering up the incident as indicated by their complete silence over the violation,” it continued.
Furthermore, the March 14 forces renewed their condemnation of the Foreign Ministry’s lax approach in summoning the Syrian ambassador to Lebanon to inform him of the Lebanese government’s objection to the repeated violations.
They slammed the fact that the “Foreign Ministry has become a stage for the Syrian ambassador to demonstrate the illusion of a hegemony that has been defeated.”
Moreover, they demanded that the Army Command inform the public of every Syrian violation against Lebanon similar to its keenness to inform the public of every Israeli violation in the South.
Syrian security forces infiltrated on Monday the northern region of Wadi Khaled and detained two general security members for an hour, several media outlets reported.
Commenting of Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine – General Command head Ahmed Jibril’s recent statements, the general secretariat urged the public “to take his remarks seriously.”
“His statements confirm that the Palestinian factions and Hizbullah are completely prepared to fight alongside Syria in case it is attacked,” it said.
“Linking Lebanon to regional disputes contradicts with international resolutions, the Taef Accord, and national dialogue, and justifies some countries’ issuing of warnings against Lebanon,” it noted.
Jibril had stated on Tuesday that Hizbullah and Iran will fight alongside the Syrian regime if it is attacked by foreign forces.
In the event of "a foreign attack, we discussed with our brothers (in the Syrian regime), with Hizbullah chief Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah and our brothers in Iran, we will be part of this battle,” he revealed.
Addressing Imam of the Bilal bin Rabah mosque Sheikh Ahmed al-Asir’s sit-in in the southern city of Sidon, the March 14 forces urged the cleric to change his manner of protest, adding that his objection to illegitimate arms coincides’ with theirs.
The case of non-state arms is a national issue that must be confronted in a manner that is agreed upon by all sides, it explained.
Salafist cleric Asir launched his open-ended sit-in last week to protest non-state arms, including Hizbullah's arsenal.
He has threatened an escalation if the arms issue is not tackled by Lebanese authorities.
|Copyright © 2012 Naharnet.com. All Rights Reserved.||http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/45470|