Fight Goes On, Says Gadhafi's Sonإقرأ هذا الخبر بالعربية
Seif al-Islam, fugitive son of fallen Libyan ruler Moammar Gadhafi, said Wednesday in an audio tape on an Arabic-language channel that he was still in the country and the fight against rebels goes on.
"I am talking to you from a suburb of Tripoli," he told the Damascus-based Al-Rai television station. "We want to reassure the Libyan people that we are still here. The resistance continues and victory is near."
"They're welcome if they think the battle of Sirte will be a walkover. Twenty thousand armed men are in the town and ready" to fight, Seif said of his family's hometown.
“The leader is fine and we are steadfast,” he reassured the fallen regime’s loyalists.
Al-Rai 10 days ago broadcast messages from his father, after Libyan state television fell into rebel hands.
"Every Libyan is Moammar Gadhafi, every Libyan is Seif al-Islam ... Wherever you find yourself face to face with the enemy, fight him," Seif al-Islam said in Wednesday's audio message.
Earlier on Wednesday, another son of Gadhafi, Al-Saadi told Al-Arabiya television that “there is no problem in surrendering the Libyan cities to our Libyan brothers,” the rebels.
Asked whether he was willing to turn himself in to the new government, Al-Saadi said: “I’m willing to turn myself in if that would end the bloodshed.”
Moammar Gadhafi himself remains at large, but rebel leaders said Wednesday they were sure he was still in Libya and that they were closing in on him.
Gadhafi's wife, Safiya, daughter Aisha and two sons Mohammed and Hannibal have fled to neighboring Algeria.