Abi Khalil: Lebanon Shifts from Red to Green Diesel Usage

W460

Energy Minister Cesar Abi Khalil announced on Tuesday that Lebanon will be shifting from the usage of red diesel to economically friendly green diesel, noting that he informed the Cabinet of this decision.

Abi Khalil’s remarks came at a press conference he held after meeting with representatives of oil and car import companies.

"Market conditions led to equal prices of red and green diesel," he said, pointing out that the coming weeks will witness a steady decline in fuel prices.

Red diesel is usually not for on-road use, which saves money because it doesn't have the same taxes associated with it as do regular diesel or gasoline for vehicles that use national, state and local highways.

Green diesel fuel is what its name implies: a fuel created from renewable energy sources.

SourceNaharnet
Thumb thepatriot 19 June 2018, 16:51

Go back to fixing roofs and likeage issues!
You are incompetent!

Thumb s.o.s 19 June 2018, 18:24

He’s mastool, fixing leaks requires skills. He’s more into bucket holding whilst someone qualified fixes the problem.

Thumb thepatriot 20 June 2018, 05:46

I have worked with him... he was working for a company I will not name in Mar Mickael... he is a 2nd class engineer... I used to call him when I had those kind of small issues in my building...

Thumb s.o.s 20 June 2018, 09:04

I love this kind of anecdotes :)

Thumb blablablablabla 20 June 2018, 21:23

Hello lier,

Actually he is owning a company that was based end of Gemmayzeh, we were going for a afterwork drinks sometimes together with common friends at that time. He was acquiring a german engineering company and opening few business in Sudan (such as building bridges on the Nile and Iraq (parterning chinese companies in 2004).

I guess you have a real problem with likeage fake infos and you do not have all the connexions I have. Can even tell you that you re just SOS puppet ;)

Thumb s.o.s 19 June 2018, 18:28

Btw , Naharnet, please be more specific , a fuel created from renewable energy isn’t accurate, it’s labelled as such by lobbyists, but it’s actually made from food. We all know that growing corn isn’t sustainable, it requires fertilizers etc, it’s not earth friendly. Thank you for hearing me out.