'The Country is Gone': Alameh, Dib Clash over New Song

إقرأ هذا الخبر بالعربية W460

Lebanese popstar Ragheb Alameh and a number of artists have slammed remarks voiced by MP Hikmat Dib of the Strong Lebanon bloc as a “Daeshist threat.”

“This person’s head must be chopped off. What does he mean by ‘the country is gone’? What is this irresponsibility!” Dib said in an interview on OTV, referring to Alameh’s new Arabic-language political song ‘Tar el-Balad’, which roughly translates into ‘The Country is Gone’ or ‘The Country is Lost’.

Dib later tweeted: “Ragheb Alameh, keep your songs about love and passion and leave the country alone.”

The lawmaker’s remarks drew a storm of criticism from artists and political figures.

Alameh himself hit back through a series of tweets.

“What a shame! These MPs are shameless!” Alameh added.

“A little MP threatens you because you have sung about a country’s situation. He wants to intimidate you and silence you. This is unprecedented!! Anyway, I will respond with a stronger song and music. We are not criminals to threaten with beheadings. We threaten them with our music,” the veteran singer went on to say.

In an interview with An-Nahar newspaper, Alameh said he has taken legal measures against Dib.

“I have addressed a report to the state prosecutor to ask Speaker Nabih Berri to lift Hikmat Dib’s parliamentary immunity, but will Berri accept to lift his immunity?” Alameh said.

“Should the Speaker accept my request, I will sue Dib on charges of incitement to murder,” the singer explained.

Alameh’s new song urges citizens to raise their voices against the dire political and economic situations in the country.

“It’s about time, people it’s about time we raised our voice high! There’s not much time left, the country is gone, people!” says Alameh in the song which has been turned into a music video.

Thumb lebanon_first 10 December 2018, 20:13

Not that I sympathise much with Hikmat Dib, but the constant nagging is getting on my nerves.
As for Alame's overinflated ego, he should get a dose of modesty.

Thumb tric.portugal 10 December 2018, 20:43

With two millions of Mecca...a few years more without resolve this ultra hiper mega problem the cristhianity gonna be destroyed...and without Cristhians Lebanon do not exist !!! They great targuet in the region is the cristhianity...

Thumb natour 10 December 2018, 21:35

Cristhians and Christians must be two different things otherwise this fool would be commenting on this story.

www.naharnet.com/stories/en/254068-jordan-arrests-journalists-over-offensive-jesus-image

Thumb s.o.s 10 December 2018, 20:54

The pro Iran/terrorist bloc aka Strong Lebanon never liked intellectuals. Artists are systematically targeted because they represent a threat to their dictatorships. That’s why they murdered Gibran Tueni, Samir Kassir among many. They despise music just like Daesh. Where are the night clubs in Dahye or the South? You ain’t gonna see any.

Missing rabiosa 11 December 2018, 16:56

There are non. Even is Hassan Nasralah home town of Bazouriyeh, some fanatic of his hurd was recently discovered to have sent a threatening voicemail to local shop owner who sells alcohol. Basically gave him an ultimatum, close or down or we coming for your head and burn your shop down. That's life in a future with Hizbos in charge and FPM are aiding and abetting that ultimate goal.

Thumb roflmfao 11 December 2018, 00:32

Poor FPM dude.. Hikmat is in Dib Shiite..

Thumb whyaskwhy 11 December 2018, 05:49

“This was my country before being your country… The whole Lebanese people have crowned me as an artist cherished by their hearts and my name shall remain celebrated for hundreds of years, whereas you’ll be gone with a gesture from the smallest finger of your movement’s chief… I advise you to submit a membership application to Daesh,” the popular star tweeted. Love it well done!

Thumb canadianleb 11 December 2018, 20:10

To hear the truth really hurts mister Dib. So if Alameh is wrong prove it by showing the Lebanese that the government implemented such as; 7X24 electricity, a waste management solution, clean beaches etc...