March 14 Memo on Dialogue to be Presented to Suleiman on Saturdayإقرأ هذا الخبر بالعربية
A March 14 opposition delegation is expected on Saturday to deliver President Michel Suleiman a memo on its stance on the national dialogue that is set to be held at Baabda Palace next week, An Nahar daily reported on Friday.
Sources close to al-Mustaqbal bloc leader Fouad Saniora told the newspaper that a parliamentary delegation will present Suleiman with the memo and later hold a press conference to announce its details.
Opposition MP Butros Harb said the memo will include details on decisions reached during previous dialogue sessions and focus on their non-implementation including issues linked to the Special Tribunal for Lebanon and the demarcation of the border with Syria.
The memo also calls for settling the fate of Hizbullah’s arms and not abolishing them.
He confirmed that the March 14 coalition would attend the all-party talks although the Lebanese Forces has announced its boycott of what its leader Samir Geagea called a “big distraction.”
“This dialogue will not produce any result,” Geagea said.
Despite confirmation by other al-Mustaqbal officials that the movement led by ex-PM Saad Hariri will attend the all-party talks on Monday, MP Ahmed Fatfat told Voice of Lebanon radio (93.3) that al-Mustaqbal will decide to participate or not after meeting with the president.
The Phalange party, which is also part of the opposition, announced earlier in the week that it would take part in the talks.
Phalange leader Amin Gemayel said Thursday that although some issues don’t have swift solutions, all sides should attend the national dialogue session.