Zoughaib Jewelry Store Fire Doused in Ashrafiyeh

إقرأ هذا الخبر بالعربية W460

A huge fire at a well known jewelry shop in Beirut's Ashrafiyeh district caused material damage only as firefighters were able to salvage jewelry from the store, the state-run National News Agency and an official said Friday.

The fire, which erupted at around 7:00 am at the ground floor of Zoughaib jewelry in Sofil Center, was extinguished a couple of hours later, NNA said.

The deputy commander of Beirut firefighting department, Col. Safi Sultani, told Voice of Lebanon radio (100.5) that the extent of the damage was not as huge as the fire.

NNA said firefighters were able to hand boxes of jewelry, diamonds and cash to security forces that launched an investigation into the incident.

VDL quoted the store's manager as saying that the fire could have been caused by an electrical short-circuit.

Comments 3
Default-user-icon Rolfen (Guest) 08 February 2013, 11:04

How much of that jewelery was returned?

Thumb primesuspect 08 February 2013, 11:27

Buenos días, I'm going to dispatch my friends there to see if there isn't melted gold in the drain. Joke aside, I feel bad for the employees who'll be unemployed and probably unpaid, unless the bosses send them to other Zughaib shops.

Default-user-icon lebCanada (Guest) 09 February 2013, 06:09

Sidon93 shou khas Hezbollah bil 7ari2 ya mastoul ?