The Special Tribunal for Lebanon is expected to issue in the coming months more arrest warrants in the case of ex-Premier Rafik Hariri’s assassination, informed sources told al-Liwaa daily published Monday.
The warrants could be issued before or shortly after the 30-day period granted to Lebanon to serve out the STL warrants that were handed to Lebanese authorities last week. If the suspects are not arrested within that period, the tribunal can then publicly call on the four Hizbullah members to surrender.
The sources said that 14 to 17 new suspects could be named. They are part of the network that planned and collaborated with the four people who allegedly executed ex-Premier Rafik Hariri’s assassination.
The four suspects are Mustafa Badreddine, Salim Ayyash, Hassan Aneissy, known as Hassan Issa, and Assad Sabra.
The sources also told al-Liwaa that STL agencies are now studying information unveiled by Hizbullah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah on Saturday.
During his speech, Hizbullah’s al-Manar television aired footage which Nasrallah said showed former U.N. investigator Gerhard Lehmann receiving cash in exchange for documents in the Hariri case.
Al-Manar also aired a document which Nasrallah said proved investigators had transferred IT equipment across Naqoura into Israel when it moved its staff to the Netherlands in 2009.
|Copyright © 2012 Naharnet.com. All Rights Reserved.