Spotlight
-
Middle East
Rubio says announcement possible later Sunday on Iran war
U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said an announcement was possible later Sunday on a deal with Iran that could formally end the Mi...
-
Middle East
Trump says agreement with Iran 'largely negotiated,' includes opening strait
U.S. President Donald Trump said Saturday a deal with Iran had been "largely negotiated," with the proposal including opening the crucial Strai...
U.S. President Donald Trump said Saturday he will review a new Iranian peace proposal, but cast doubt over its prospects as he left open the possibility of future attacks on Iran.
Negotiations between the two countries have been deadlocked since a ceasefire came into effect on April 8, with one round of peace talks to end the more than two-month war having failed in Pakistan.
Full Story
Iran said Saturday that it was up to the United States whether to pursue a negotiated settlement or to return to open war, but that Tehran was ready for either outcome.
Full Story
Hezbollah has brought reinforcements and weapons to the south of the country since the start of the war with Israel on March 2, the organization's director of media relations said.
The Lebanese Army said in January it had finished disarming the group near the Israeli border in southern Lebanon, the scene of multiple wars between Israel and Hezbollah, the most recent of which was brought to a halt on April 17 by a ceasefire.
Full Story
Lebanon's health ministry said 13 people were killed on Friday in Israeli strikes in the south, including in a town where Israel's army had issued an evacuation order despite a ceasefire.
Full Story
Hezbollah's cheap fiber-optic drones are creating new challenges for Israeli troops in southern Lebanon, forcing the military to adapt its tactics against an increasingly lethal threat.
Full Story
A senior Iranian military officer said on Saturday that renewed fighting between the U.S. and Iran was "likely", hours after President Donald Trump said he was "not satisfied" with a new Iranian negotiating proposal.
Full Story
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Friday the U.S. Navy was acting "like pirates" as he described an operation seizing a ship amid the tit-for-tat American blockade of Iranian ports.
"We... land on top of it and we took over the ship. We took over the cargo, took over the oil. It's a very profitable business," Trump said at a rally in Florida.
Full Story
U.S. President Donald Trump said Friday that he was "not satisfied" with a new Iranian negotiating proposal, with peace talks between the two sides frozen despite a weeks-long ceasefire.
Full Story
Iran has delivered a new proposal for talks with the United States via mediator Pakistan, state media reported on Friday.
Full Story
The United Arab Emirates foreign ministry has announced a travel ban on Emirati nationals going to Iran, Lebanon and Iraq, citing regional developments including the Middle East war.
Full Story


