Spotlight
-
Middle East
Rubio says announcement possible later Sunday on Iran war
U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said an announcement was possible later Sunday on a deal with Iran that could formally end the Mi...
-
Middle East
Trump says agreement with Iran 'largely negotiated,' includes opening strait
U.S. President Donald Trump said Saturday a deal with Iran had been "largely negotiated," with the proposal including opening the crucial Strai...
President Joseph Aoun said Monday that he would do the 'impossible' in order to stop the war with Israel, after a ceasefire and direct talks failed to end the fighting.
"The framework that Lebanon has set for the negotiations consists of an Israeli withdrawal, a ceasefire, the deployment of the army along the border, the return of the displaced, and economic aid," Aoun said in a statement.
Full Story
Iran said Monday it had responded to a new U.S. proposal aimed at ending the war, adding that diplomatic exchanges continue despite Iranian media reports describing Washington's demands as excessive.
Full Story
Hezbollah fired around 200 projectiles at Israel and its troops over the weekend, an Israeli military official said.
"Over the weekend, Hezbollah launched approximately 200 projectiles toward the State of Israel and IDF troops, in a clear and ongoing violation of the ceasefire understandings," the official said, in a statement to AFP.
Full Story
Speaking at the start of a cabinet meeting on Sunday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Israel was "holding territory, clearing territory, protecting Israel's communities, but also fighting an enemy that is trying to outsmart us".
"We are facing the challenge of neutralizing FPV (First-Person view) drones," he said, as Hezbollah has increasingly made use of the drones to strike Israeli forces.
Full Story
Israeli strikes killed seven people in Lebanon on Sunday, including an Islamic Jihad commander, Lebanese authorities and state media said, despite a fragile ceasefire as Hezbollah called U.S.-brokered talks a "dead end".
The health ministry published a "preliminary toll" for Israel's strikes on Sunday, with three people killed in the town of Tayr Felsay, including a child, and two killed in the town of Tayr Debba, including another child.
Full Story
Hezbollah said Saturday it struck a military target in northern Israel, as the fragile ceasefire between Lebanon and Israel has not stopped fighting in the war that began on March 2.
Full Story
Israel's military said Saturday that one of its soldiers died in combat in southern Lebanon, bringing its losses to 21 personnel since the war with Hezbollah began in early March.
Full Story
Iranian state television said on Saturday that European countries were in talks with Tehran over transit for ships through the Strait of Hormuz.
Full Story
Pakistan's interior minister arrived in Tehran on Saturday "to facilitate" the peace talks between Iran and the United States that have stalled despite a fragile ceasefire, Iranian media reported.
Full Story
Iran's parliament speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf, who recently emerged as a chief negotiator in talks with the United States, has been appointed to oversee relations with China, Iranian media reported on Sunday.
Full Story


