Spotlight
-
Middle East
Rubio says announcement possible later Sunday on Iran war
U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said an announcement was possible later Sunday on a deal with Iran that could formally end the Mi...
-
Middle East
Trump says agreement with Iran 'largely negotiated,' includes opening strait
U.S. President Donald Trump said Saturday a deal with Iran had been "largely negotiated," with the proposal including opening the crucial Strai...
U.S. senators on Wednesday narrowly rejected a resolution curbing President Donald Trump's power to wage war on Iran -- their first vote on the conflict since a 60-day deadline expired for the White House to seek formal authorization.
Full Story
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu held a "secret" meeting with the president of the United Arab Emirates during the war with Iran, his office said Wednesday.
"During Operation 'Lion's Roar', Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu paid a secret visit to the United Arab Emirates, where he met with UAE President Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan," his office said in a statement.
Full Story
Iran's foreign minister said Wednesday that Tehran had the right to respond after he accused Kuwait of attacking an Iranian boat and arresting four of its citizens in the Gulf, calling for their release.
"In clear attempt to sow discord, Kuwait has unlawfully attacked an Iranian boat and detained 4 of our citizens in the Persian Gulf. This illegal act took place near island used by the U.S. to attack Iran," Abbas Araghchi wrote on X.
Full Story
Lebanon's Simon Karam and Israel's Yechiel Leiter, both political veterans with entrenched views, will come face to face in Washington for talks Thursday after decades in a state of war.
Lebanon and Israel have no formal ties, but U.S. President Donald Trump is hoping for a historic breakthrough even as Israeli forces remain deployed in south Lebanon to fight Iran-backed Hezbollah.
Full Story
U.S. President Donald Trump landed in Beijing on Wednesday for a high-stakes summit with Chinese leader Xi Jinping aimed at easing deep tensions between the rival superpowers.
Full Story
Health Minister Rakan Nassereddine told a press conference on Tuesday that since the ceasefire, "380 people have been killed and 1,122 wounded". That toll includes 39 women and 22 children.
Nassereddine decried a "systematic, ongoing attack on civilians", and described the ceasefire as "fragile and ineffective".
Full Story
Iran's chief negotiator said Tuesday that Washington must accept Tehran's latest peace plan or face failure, after U.S. President Donald Trump warned the truce in the Middle East war was on the brink of collapse.
Full Story
President Donald Trump on Tuesday announced talk with Cuba, which has been suffering under Washington's fuel blockade for months following the US capture of Havana's ally Nicolas Maduro.
Full Story
Kuwait said Tuesday that four people arrested earlier this month as they attempted to enter the country by sea have confessed to belonging to Iran's Revolutionary Guards.
The four men -- two navy colonels, a captain, and a lieutenant commander -- admitted they had been tasked by Iran's ideological army with "infiltrating" Bubiyan Island, Kuwait's interior ministry said in a statement published by state news agency Kuna.
Full Story
Iran should not use the Strait of Hormuz, which it has blocked since the start of the Middle East war, as a means to blackmail Gulf states, Qatar's top diplomat said Tuesday.
"Iran should not use this strait as a weapon to pressure or to blackmail the Gulf countries," said Qatari Foreign Minister and Premier Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani.
Full Story


