Report: Safa did not discuss presidential file with army chief
The recent meeting between Hezbollah official Wafiq Safa and Army chief General Joseph Aoun did not tackle the presidential file, sources informed on the meeting said.
Describing the meeting as one of the “periodic meetings” between Aoun and Safa, the sources told Asharq al-Awsat newspaper in remarks published Wednesday that “the meeting is not the first between Safa and General Aoun.”
Such meetings “usually take place for coordinative matters” and the latest one “did not tackle the presidential file at all,” the sources added.
The main questions to be asked of the army chief:
1. Would army help locate and arrest Rafiq Hariri's assassins?
2. Would army insure no arms outside army as any respected and sovereign nation?
3. Would army insure to arrest any militia with salary paid by foreign nations?
4. Would army insure all crossings are secured?
5. Would army insure no militia can set foreign policy?
6. Would army insure no militia can highjack our justice system?
7. Would army commit to find all assassins of Cedar Revolution martyrs?
8. Could army insure no foreign rocket remain on Lebanese soil?
If not, army sadly is not fulfilling its function and preserving independence!