Hizbullah Condemns Tripoli 'Terrorist Blasts', Warns against 'Rumors, Accusations'إقرأ هذا الخبر بالعربية
Hizbullah on Friday condemned “the twin terrorist bombings that targeted innocent civilians in the city of Tripoli,” urging “wisdom and awareness.”
“The criminal hand of terror insists to preoccupy the Lebanese with the counting of their martyrs and wounded through targeting innocent civilians in all Lebanese regions,” the party said in a statement.
“These terrorist blasts are part of the criminal scheme aiming to sow strife among the Lebanese and drag them into civil strife under sectarian banners, which serves the regional-international scheme seeking to fragment our region and drown it in seas of blood and fire,” it added.
And as Hizbullah expressed “extreme anguish over the plight of our patient people in Tripoli,” it said the attacks aim to “continue the scheme of dragging Lebanon into chaos and destruction and to fulfill the malicious objectives of the Zionist enemy and its supporters.”
The party also urged “all wise people to preserve the rhetoric of awareness and wisdom and not to heed rumors and accusations seeking destruction for the country and its people.”
Earlier on Friday, dozens of people were killed or wounded in twin bombings that targeted two mosques in Tripoli.
The attacks come eight days after 27 people were killed and around 300 wounded in a car bombing that rocked the Beirut southern suburb of Ruwais, a Hizbullah bastion.