Hariri to Meet Bassil Sunday as Draft Line-Up Surfacesإقرأ هذا الخبر بالعربية
Prime Minister-designate Saad Hariri is expected to meet Free Patriotic Movement chief MP Jebran Bassil on Sunday evening ahead of his much-anticipated meeting with President Michel Aoun, al-Liwaa daily reported Saturday.
Hariri is then expected to meet Aoun in the middle of next week, the newspaper added.
Informed sources told al-Liwaa that an actual line-up might not emerge before the second half of September, while stressing that the disagreements are narrowing.
The sources added that the line-up could be arranged as follows:
- President's share: deputy PM post, defense, information
- Al-Mustaqbal: PM post, interior, telecom and culture
- Strong Lebanon: foreign affairs, energy, economy, tourism, sport and youth
- Development and Liberation: finance and social affairs
- Loyalty to Resistance: health, agriculture and industry
- Lebanese Forces: public works, justice, environment
- Democratic Gathering: labor, displaced
- Marada Movement: one portfolio