Army Announces 3 More Deaths from Ras Baalbek Clashesإقرأ هذا الخبر بالعربية
The Army Command announced on Saturday the deaths of three more soldiers from the clashes with armed groups in the Tallat al-Hamra clashes in the outskirts of Ras Baalbek on Friday.
A military statement on Friday said that five troops were killed in the unrest that erupted when terrorists attacked an army surveillance post in Ras Baalbek.
On Saturday, the army said that it was bolstering its deployment in the area where the fighting took place.
It is continuing its pursuit of the remaining terrorists, who fled towards the higher altitudes of the outskirts.
It also continued on shelling the routes the gunmen have been taking, as well as their vehicles and fortifications.
Scores of gunmen have been killed and wounded in the clashes, added the army statement on Saturday.
The army had held the funerals of several of its victims on Saturday.
Military sources told LBCI TV that the army found a map shows the gunmen's objective from seizing Tallat al-Hamra was to encircle the Tallat Umm Khaled hill before moving to Ras Baalbek, but the army foiled their attempt.
The state-run National News Agency stated that "the Civil Defense transferred the bodies of six terrorists to Central Bekaa hospitals including the five bodies that were previously transferred to Hermel hospital".
Meanwhile, Al-Jadeed TV reported that Hermel Hospital denied receiving any terrorist's dead body from those who died in Baalbek outskirts.