Nasrallah Says No Prospect of Solution in Lebanonإقرأ هذا الخبر بالعربية
Hizbullah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah has accused Saudi Arabia of killing the Lebanese during the Israeli aggression on Lebanon in 2006 and expressed pessimism on the political situation of the country.
Riyadh “killed us in the 2006 July war,” and is “responsible for all the killing in the region,” Nasrallah said.
“Since its establishment, the role of Saudi Arabia and Israel has been to serve the U.S. interests in the region,” he stated.
“There is no prospect of a solution in the country because everyone is awaiting the situation in the region to make his choices,” said Nasrallah.
He stressed that Hizbullah and its allies are holding onto their demand for the implementation of an electoral law based on proportionality and which leads to the right representation.
Differences between the March 8 and 14 alliances have stopped the parliamentary elections from taking place. Lawmakers extended their own terms last November after they failed to agree on an elections draft-law.
Nasrallah said March 14, mainly al-Mustaqbal movement, is rejecting a law based on proportionality because in the last elections it lost 35 percent of the support of its electorates.
The Hizbullah secretary-general also accused Riyadh of “trying to strike the axis of resistance all the way from Iran, to Russia and Venezuela by decreasing oil prices.”
Saudi Arabia “is running the Islamic State group and al-Qaida in Yemen although these terrorists will pose a danger on it later,” said Nasrallah.
Since March, Saudi Arabia has been leading a coalition of Sunni Arab countries battling the Iran-backed Huthi rebels who seized the capital Sanaa last year before moving south to take more territory.
In his remarks, which were published in al-Akhbar daily on Wednesday, Nasrallah held Riyadh responsible for the death of pilgrims during the Hajj because of its “bad administration and because it hasn't learned of its past mistakes.”
He accused it of intentionally not helping the victims of the September 24 stampede.
Iran has also accused Saudi Arabia of incompetence in its handling of safety at the hajj, further souring relations already strained by the civil war in Syria and conflict in Yemen.
The kingdom says 769 pilgrims died in the tragedy, but tolls provided by foreign officials and media from 24 countries add up to well over 1,000.