Gunfire Renews in Bab al-Tabbaneh, Jabal Mohsen as Army Warns of 'Unprecedented Response'إقرأ هذا الخبر بالعربية
Exchange of gunfire renewed on Tuesday between the rival Tripoli districts of Bab al-Tabbaneh and Jabal Mohsen, as the army threatened an “unprecedented response” against anyone who violates the fragile ceasefire.
Army troops fired back at the sources of gunfire, as state-run National News Agency said no gunmen were visible on Bab al-Tabbaneh’s streets.
Meanwhile, al-Jadeed television reported that gunmen from Jabal Mohsen opened fire at Bab al-Tabbaneh, while Al-Arabiya said Bab al-Tabbaneh gunmen opened fire first.
Al-Jadeed quoted Jabal Mohsen sources as saying that “orders have been given not to fire back at Bab al-Tabbaneh shooters.”
The TV network also reported clashes between “the al-Amerkan neighborhood and Jabal Mohsen.”
It quoted army sources as saying that “should the situation remain like this, there will be an unprecedented response (from the army) never witnessed before by the two parties.”
Earlier on Tuesday, unidentified attackers hurled two hand grenades on Starco Street which is adjacent to Syria Street.