Israeli strike kills 2 paramedics on Deir Qanoun road
A double-tap strike on the Deir Qanoun-Burj Rahhal road killed two paramedics Friday, after a first strike targeted a motorcycle nearby.
The Israeli military carried out an airstrike in south Lebanon, killing two people it said on Friday were armed and "moving in a suspicious manner".
Israel and Hezbollah have been regularly trading fire in the country's south despite a ceasefire, which was extended by Israeli and Lebanese authorities last week.
"A short while ago, IDF surveillance identified two armed individuals moving in a suspicious manner hundreds of meters from Israeli territory, in southern Lebanon," the Israeli military posted on Telegram.
"Following their identification and continuous monitoring by the IDF, the armed individuals were struck and eliminated in an aerial strike," the post said.
Israeli strikes also targeted Friday Majdalzoun, Qana-Seddiqine, Mayfadoun, Zawtar, Harouf, Nabatieh and a car on the Ansar-Zrarieh road.
Lebanon's state-run National News Agency (NNA) reported that an overnight strike on an Islamic Health Committee site in Hanaway killed four and injured two medics.
Since a truce began on April 17, Israel has continued to launch strikes, carry out demolitions and issue evacuation orders in south Lebanon, saying it is targeting Hezbollah, which has also kept up attacks.
Hezbollah launched rockets at Israel on March 2 in retaliation for the killing of Iran's supreme leader in U.S.-Israeli strikes and for 15 months of violations of a ceasefire reached in November 2024.
Israel responded with a massive series of airstrikes and a ground invasion in the country's south, where its troops are operating inside an Israeli-declared "yellow line" running around 10 kilometers inside Lebanon along the border.
Lebanon's health ministry said Thursday that Israeli attacks have killed at least 3,089 people since the wider regional war began.
Israel's military has reported the death of 22 personnel during the fighting.
Last week the fragile temporary truce was extended for 45 days following a third round of direct talks between Lebanese and Israeli representatives in Washington, discussions that Hezbollah staunchly opposes.


