U.N. Says Convoy Fired at in Libya, No Casualtiesإقرأ هذا الخبر بالعربية
Unknown attackers fired at a convoy transporting United Nations personnel east of the Libyan capital on Wednesday, a U.N. spokeswoman told Agence France Presse, adding that no one was hurt.
"Yes, indeed there has been an incident. A U.N. convoy was shot at. There were no injuries," said Radia Achouri, confirming reports that the attack took place in Khoms, 100 kilometers (60 miles) east of Tripoli.
This is the second attack on a U.N. convoy in Libya this year.
On April 10, an explosive device was thrown at a convoy carrying Ian Martin, then head of the U.N. mission to Libya, wounding one person.
Security is the biggest challenge faced by the North African nation in the wake of a conflict that toppled strongman Moammar Gadhafi last year.