Building Partially Collapses in Sin el-Fil-Nabaa

إقرأ هذا الخبر بالعربية W460

Parts of the facade of a residential building in the Sin el-Fil-Nabaa area collapsed on Thursday, causing no casualties.

Media reports said the building had been evacuated prior to the incident after residents sensed that something was wrong with the structure.

The National News Agency said municipal police oversaw the building's evacuation.

The incident forced the closure of the Saloumi-Nabaa road and traffic was diverted to neighboring areas.

Metn district officer Marlene Haddad and MPs Eddie Maalouf and Hagop Pakradounian inspected the scene in the wake of the collapse.

High Relief Commission chief Maj. Gen. Mohammed Kheir also inspected the building and said residence compensations will be paid to residents pending the results of a technical examination.

“We have allowed the building's residents to inspect their houses before evacuating them,” he added.

SourceNaharnet
Comments 5
Thumb whyaskwhy 21 March 2019, 18:30

Luckily no one was hurt. I am sure we will be hearing about how this building was permitted and quality control programs employed during its construction lol.

Thumb s.o.s 21 March 2019, 18:51

The architect is responsible , nobody else is. The flats’ owners should take him to court...

Missing Geralt 22 March 2019, 11:42

Actually it's the civil engineer who must be responsible but not more than a 5 years period and this building looks like at least 30 years old (maybe more seeing it's architecture).

Thumb s.o.s 22 March 2019, 15:44

In many developed countries, the architect is responsible for his work even after he passes away, understand that his children and grand children inherit of the responsibility. After all, he picks the civil engineer and is responsible for the planning and construction from A to Z.

But what you're telling me here about the 5 year period is simply outrageous! By the time you get to court the unscrupulous civil engineer is cleared of all responsibilities. really, this should be modified to at least 50 years.

Thumb s.o.s 21 March 2019, 18:40

A video of its collapse can be seen here

https://www.lorientlejour.com/article/1162765/une-partie-de-la-facade-dun-batiment-seffondre-a-sin-el-fil-pas-de-victime.html

So dramatic. Guess who’ll have to pay for the reconstruction? Not the owners, but the dawle (ya3ne everybody)